Tuesday 13 February 2007

Who's coat is that jacket

Something on the radio last night reminded me about my new leather jacket that was given to me by Norman several months ago for services rendered over several years sorting out his computer. It is a very smart jacket and mom reckons I look good in it but for some unknown reason I have never felt entirely at home in it.
Any way a few weeks ago I decided that I really should use the jacket instead of leaving it languishing in the wardrobe. So I put it on and went to work. As soon as I walked into the office a colleague asked me if I had turned gay! I was a little surprised at this so a bit later on I asked another colleague what first came into his mind when leather jacket is mentioned. He also said gay!
Although I am not homophobic (the spelling doesn't look right to me, so probably isn't) I really don't want Joe public to get confused about my sexuality and so put the jacket back into the wardrobe. I mentioned this dilemma to mom and she told me not to be so silly and to wear the jacket with pride.
I hadn't plucked up the courage to wear it again and quite probably won't after someone said on Radio 2 last night that no-one over 40 should wear a leather jacket. So sadly it may never see the light of day again......sorry Norman.

No comments: